Typical Venetian Style Palace of XVII Century near the “Ca’ D’Oro” Area, houses the German-Italian Cultural Association.
This Palace was part of the Albrizzi estate. The “Albrizzi” family (originally from Bergamo area) resided in Venice from the XVI Century and built up a fortune through the trades of fabric wear and olive oil. In 1667, they were recognized as part of the Venetian noblesse thanks to their offer of battle ship to the “Serenissima Repubblica” during the Venetian conquest period.
Main conference halls are surrounded by Venetian stuccos made by the Ticino School, framing Italian “Affrescos” made by the Tiepolo School and together with the typical Murano glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling enrich the ambiance and gives it a touch of class and ancient glamour.
The Hall of Peace, which forms almost a single body with the Portego, has walls covered with damask and retains an elegant ceiling made by the painter Guarana. This fresco representing the Triumph of Love.
Address and Info
Address: Cannaregio, 4118, 30131, Venezia
Area: Venezia, City Center, Cannaregio
Getting there: line 1 stop Ca’ D’Oro